12 thoughts on “Was retiring to Thailand a unpleasant mistake?

• July 13, 2021 at 2:12 am

I became once in Thailand a month or so sooner than the Covid insanity hit. Been travelling in S E Asia for over a decade and maintain had an overwhelmingly sure skills with locals in each and every Thailand and Vietnam. However the Thai authorities has made some disparaging feedback toward foreigners and it wouldn't be surprising if some of this negativity hasn't rubbed off on common folks there. I take note a UK blogger in India asserting the local's perspective in India changed in a single day toward vacationers once covid hit. It is also more essential to instruct to strangers whenever you happen to might perchance perchance well be carrying a camouflage. A form of hysteria has been whipped up in the media over these outbreaks and I train it's less complicated to level the finger at a foreigner.

• July 13, 2021 at 2:23 am

'The relaxation of the area' If you focus on with soccer in Australia it’s probably you’ll perchance perchance well be talking about AFL (Aussie Suggestions) or Rugby (essentially league) The round ball code is named soccer over here as correctly. Please salvage a quieter path to your morning stroll. Better for blogging audio and better to your correctly being.

• July 13, 2021 at 7:42 am

I deem it’s probably you’ll perchance perchance well be in the tradition shock rollercoaster and are making assumptions consistent with a few irascible eventualities. Years here and I of direction maintain never encountered nothing own this or nothing own the irascible habits support home in the West.

• July 13, 2021 at 8:41 am

Dude, retract a stroll down soi 94 for approximately a week straight..Fetch a FEW honeys that make you smile on the ordinary…Acquire your self a make a selection…be satisfied ..Right here’s Thailand :)…did you no doubt reach here to maintain shallow conversations with meals venders whenever you happen to even bother to study a bit Thai language …Unprejudiced elevate out your personal thing…make some expat mates ,.. meet Thais that are chuffed around falang and screw the remainder!!

• July 13, 2021 at 11:45 am

Your upright about thai folks they don't own us .they’re 2 confronted .

• July 13, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi Robert – I restful love Thailand, but it’s probably you’ll perchance perchance well be no longer wrong about the Thai investigate cross-check of foreigners……satisfied to retract our money, but no longer so satisfied about our being there. In fact, I became once right there from mid-April thru the foundation of June and SHOCKED to spy the focal level on foreign vacationers because the source of Covid when we all had to battle thru testing and quarantine, while the exact source is the illegal workers who bribe or sneak all the way thru the borders with none roughly testing or quarantine. And likewise it’s probably you’ll perchance perchance be ready to constantly eliminate to salvage other parts of the area as paunchy or fragment time retirement destinations.

• July 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm

I maintain to utter that I became once taken aback after watching your video. Unprejudiced like you, I've visited Thailand many instances. Unprejudiced like you, I've visited comely great the general country. I most incessantly preserve one month when I scurry there. I also scurry correctly beyong the vacationer zones. My experiences, nonetheless, are vastly assorted. With few exceptions, I've handiest experienced friendliness. I've constantly felt welcome. In every single place (including BKK, the place I of direction maintain heard other reviews of folks being sinful). For the needs of paunchy disclosure, I haven't been support for the reason that foundation of the china virus. My realizing became once to birth my retirement there initially of this month. I'm now going to attend till they win an even bigger handle on the virus. I of direction favor to utter, if I might perchance perchance well be having your experiences I would no longer preserve. I'm no longer a masochist. Thanks to your tips.

• July 13, 2021 at 9:50 pm

I of direction maintain lived in Thailand for over 10 years and never regretted coming here. I visited Hua Hin and concept 3 days became once long enough, I live in Jomtien. By now you maintain seen thais elevate out no longer own to slump anyplace so when they investigate cross-check you walking 6 miles a day they’re going to deem it’s probably you’ll perchance perchance well be crazy. For your walks while you met a Thai or they traipse you and stare at you, smile and utter hello. Now might perchance perchance well be no longer right time, but perchance salvage boom giving meals handouts donate some money and employ a day giving out meals. I do know now scurry in Thailand is complicated but why no longer try Jomtien for week or 2.

• July 13, 2021 at 9:54 pm

You purchased here at some level of a uncommon time. But I utter follow it whenever you happen to’ll be ready to maintain ample money it. Issues will toughen at final, except it will get too sizzling politically to preserve. Then? Web out!

• July 14, 2021 at 12:48 am

If I retire to Thailand, as I am hoping to elevate out interior a 300 and sixty five days or so, this is also for the following causes (in rough show of significance. 1) landscape 2) Buddhist temples, outmoded and unique 3) handicrafts—silk, and so forth. 4) tune and dance 5) seashores and weather 6) cuisine 7) Thai folks. One of the best probably motive I set aside Thai folks final is because I don’t know any yet, but I am sure that there are many Thais who’re drawn to sharp foreigners who categorical hobby of their tradition. My level is that whenever you happen to might perchance perchance well maintain an hobby in Thai tradition and ancient previous it wants to be an perpetually enriching skills. If perchance the most main clarification for coming to Thailand is the weather and the seashores, there are a range of other locations (eg, Philippines) that are equally ultimate. I am no longer criticizing folks that reach for such causes—merely that it goes to be less complicated to acclimatize if one has additional causes for retiring to Thailand. Time will show whether or no longer I am upright about this so some distance as I am eager.