12 thoughts on “Ubon Thailand 1965-66

• September 12, 2017 at 2:30 am

My cousin Mark McGrath became once flying with the Royal Australian Air Force in 1967 in Aussie re-built Sabres. Regrettably he died in January 68 when making a compelled touchdown correct outdoors the injurious and hit a household house, whereby an adolescent too became once killed. A if truth be told unhappy time then and as we insist time we easy breeze over him. Huge video thanks from an Auss

• September 12, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Mike, thank you to your comments. I loved working with our Aussie brother whereas at Ubon. We have a Ubon Vet Fb page and you would possibly maybe per chance be eligible to imprint up for as a relative of anyone who served at Ubon. Take a look at the situation out on Fb. Most appealing to you Mate!

• October 11, 2017 at 12:58 am

Hi there Bob Morton nice to hear from you i became once born in Ubon metropolis and been work in USAF. Ubon Air injurious lacking history..hope to having a detect forward ..thanks the previous.

• October 24, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Thanks, Bob.  I’m keen on seconds 56-58 for your video.  I've heard quite quite a bit of reports of lately…and of you, too. God bless you ALL!

• September 15, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Hi there Bob, I correct found your video and it introduced abet some recollections. I became once stationed at Ubon with the 433rd Tac Ftr. Sq. (half of the Eighth TFW from George AFB, California) from December 1965 till July 1966, as an plane mechanic on the F4C Phantom. Sadly, at this point in lifestyles (nearly 73) I can't desire anyone I became once stationed with at Ubon. I’d admire to hear from anyone who became once there and knew me by my cut name (Stash). Sort regards, Jean Paul Escalera.

• April 18, 2019 at 1:35 am

Thanks for the recollections. I became once at Ubon RTAFB from September 1965 to September 1966. Worked as a crew chief and flight mechanic on the two C-47's at Ubon. Worked out of the passenger terminal building. Our tools and spare parks had been saved in a conex field off to the facet of the parking ramp. Extra or much less a former operation but I’d no longer trade the ride for anything.

• June 29, 2019 at 11:26 am

Remembering powerful of this from my tour 72-73 Wasn’t powerful alternate in it except uniforms

• January 29, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I’m having a watch anyone stationed at ubon 1966 1967 408mms working munitions storage and transportation off injurious

• April 28, 2020 at 11:57 pm

Thanks for sharing Bob, it decided brings abet recollections. You are on my FB story Brother.

• November 6, 2020 at 9:51 pm

I became once assigned to the twenty third TASS at NKP but spent 4 months at Ubon, twenty third TASS OL-1. We had about 12 O-2s there. Went abet to NKP in June 69 when the OV-10s came down from NKP. Huge injurious. Spent quite quite a bit of evenings at the Playboy, Corsair, and Fairlane clubs.

• December 3, 2021 at 6:27 am

I never served… no longer decided what introduced me right here to safe this video but Im cosy i did to Thank all these gallant People to keep their lifestyles on the line for so many americans admire me…We in most cases expend with none consideration the very issues that most deserve our gratitude