Thailand’s Final Resort | 101 East

From reports of abuse and neglect to hovering costs, the reputation of extinct care properties within the West has taken a battering as we sing.

Now some households are discovering decisions removed from residence.

With its tropical climate, lower costs and custom of admire for the aged, Thailand is attracting households dealing with dementia and Alzheimer’s from as a long way-off as Europe.

Walter Gloor introduced his wife Maya to a care residence within the northern Thai metropolis of Chiang Mai two years ago, from their residence in Switzerland. She had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s when she used to be 50, and it had grow to make certain that she wanted round-the-clock care.

“The predominant reason used to be, where is the explicit space for Maya? … We may possibly possibly possibly presumably not come by anything else better. So I mediate she deserves to be within the explicit space within the arena,” he says.

Martin Woodtli runs an extinct care facility in Chiang Mai, where 14 sufferers are dwelling in villas and enjoy round-the-clock deepest carers. He situation up the centre in 2003, after struggling to search out love his mother in their native Switzerland.

“Maybe we’ve to search out new items of love the reason that care system for aged folks in Europe is just not working any longer and it’ll be a huge, huge scenario,” he says.

101 East follows households making the top seemingly replacement to ship their aged family contributors a long way-off to are dwelling out their final years.

– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Rep us on Fb: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Examine our web site: https://www.aljazeera.com/

#AlJazeeraEnglish #101East #Thailand

12 thoughts on “Thailand’s Final Resort | 101 East

• July 3, 2020 at 1:15 am

am at the level where pondering about a placement in such housing is my favorite ..as a social worker in Canada, having placed several of my purchasers in all stage of care in senior properties and lengthy-term care facilities .. the ideally good being to blame for the ideally good ten years, caring for my now deceased ✨loved PaPa✨, am very attentive to their colossal lacks and negligence nationwide ..ought to serene one of my 3 daughters be capable to transferring away with I (minimum first 3 months) and several non announced visits per 300 and sixty five days, Thailand, no question, will be a vary destination ..this could occasionally moreover sound cliche ..with out discrimination ..I noticed Asians being raised, serene these in RESPECTING their ELDERLIES ..one other angle to fetch veil of! ..hoping my family understands ..moi Canada 🇨🇦😢

• July 7, 2020 at 9:14 am

I judge it's regretful and unfair for children to kill their time on this. We need robots and a few of us too uncover after.It would perhaps moreover be a correct option for thai, however I am hoping the country develops and this option is now not regarded as correct for children.

• July 8, 2020 at 2:41 am

Look admire you guys take to unfold incorrect files as lengthy salvage take a look at out. Disgrace on you for spreading incorrect files about Malaysia. Thought you flip off the comment so other of us wouldn’t know the truth. Effectively u will seemingly be seeing me loads on your other video.

• July 9, 2020 at 8:05 am

Omg… Elevate out t omit to claim the worth of care in The US when the rooms and constructing looks institutionalized.

• July 9, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Right here’s precisely what I are looking to compose. Currently I'm in UK and working as a carer. Doubtlessly after a decade or so I like to commence a care resort in Nepal. We admire & recognize our elders as properly. And the country has many jobless children. This will be ideally good for all.

• July 10, 2020 at 7:05 am

What's the title of the resort? This would also be fantastic to uncover at this for future reference.

• July 10, 2020 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for making this shapely documentary. It's in actuality coronary heart-warming to uncover how those form-hearted of us taking care of them who need aid and enhance. I went to Chiang Mai ideally good 300 and sixty five days however I didn't know that there is this location there. And I like Thai of us for his or her kindness.

• July 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Wow amazing how shapely to uncover dilapidated of us been respected fabulous shapely correct Thailand of us would perhaps moreover our correct Lord bless them in the title of our Lord Jesus Christ Amen

• July 18, 2020 at 6:36 am

Whereas you happen to need to now not working , fetch care of your of us and children.

• July 21, 2020 at 7:46 am

Right here’s fully viable in Thailand because they’ve cheap labour to work for 24/7]