sublime frequencies Phi Ta Khon Thailand Isan Morlam

dvd avaliable at sublimefrequencies.com

PHI TA KHON: GHOSTS OF ISAN

A Film by Robert Millis

“Described as ‘The Mardi Gras from Hell’ and ‘Thai Halloween’ PHI TA KHON is a ghost festival that takes space yearly in the Isan province of Northern Thailand. Meaning ‘ghosts with human eyes’ or ‘ghost into human,’ Phi Ta Khon capabilities gorgeous costumes, ornate masks, ornamental phallic icons of all sizes, ceremony, drinking, dancing and endless addictive Molam music in better doses than most souls can course of. A thoughts-blowing and vague tradition hidden in the interior of the Indochine peninsula. Filmed on remark by Robert Millis and Richard Bishop in June 2004.”

12 thoughts on “sublime frequencies Phi Ta Khon Thailand Isan Morlam

• March 8, 2008 at 1:54 am

I stay love 20 miles from this metropolis. I haven't had any chane to bound to appreciate this yet.I'd make a choice to someday.

• June 12, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Any individual abet please. I've been to Thailand and heard improbable tune there. Very funky, with huge bass loops, huge stay drums, old trend electrical guitar sounds, and energic female voices. It looks to be that evidently it's morlam tune (it sounds near the tune of this video) nonetheless I will't salvage as funky as I've heard in Bangkok. Quite loads of the morlam tracks I salvage are reasonably cheesy… Please abet me finding some upright ones…

• November 14, 2008 at 10:38 am

I know, also salvage one thing subversively erotic about these Thai festivals! Perchance we must ALL strip off!

• June 17, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Additionally Cambodian Khmer rock sounds identical. You cant rob too considerable of it in the US nonetheless Youtube looks to possess a limitless amount of it

• January 16, 2010 at 6:49 pm

The group committees present and notify consumption of copious portions of the potion observed at 1.06 sooner than noon. This ensures an legitimate “non secular” ambiance. By about 2.30 observers will gaze several ex soccer stars performing their dribbling talents without the ball incessantly a conflict with a harmonious penalty allure causes pleasure. A hit appeals are customarily rewarded with extra potions till all resemble the walking ineffective. The 2d half is conducted in darkness. Whooooooooo

• June 25, 2010 at 8:12 am

the name of the tune is “bai si chao ngo rotchana” by namphueng phetuthai & her community